Inside the sequel to Spica Publishing’s highly successful Career Book 1 you’ll find two alternative methods for generating Background Skills, an alternative Injury table, the new skills of Manipulation and Psychohistory and an expanded Trade skill, university and graduate school pre-career options, 14 new careers and three pre-generated characters from each of the new careers, plus 14 pre-generated multi-career characters.
- Athlete: Striving for accolades, athletes compete in games spanning subsectors. It’s the winning that matters!
- Chancer: Lying, cheating, stealing, and deceit: the tools of the trade of the Chancer, who can only win as long as someone else loses.
- Companion: Whether you’re down-trodden and poor, or high-class and rich, everyone pays a price in the oldest profession.
- Cosmonaut: Making a living in space can be hard work, with cargo pods to be moved, repairs to be made and people to be rescued!
- Enforcer: Thug, bully boy, heavy: names mean nothing to you. Getting a result for your boss means everything!
- Insurgent: Working within the government, you work in the background, helping those who seek to overthrow the government.
- Media Practitioner: Lights! Camera! Action! Whether it’s a soap opera, a documentary or a quiz show, you’re the one who makes it shine!
- Mystic Warrior: You’re searching for the truth both within and without, and enjoying a fight along the way!
- Politician: Greed, money, power, and votes: when you’re a politician, you need plenty of these!
- Port Authority: You make sure the right cargo gets to the right ship, the ships get off the pad and that the taxes on the cargos have been paid!
- Prisoner: Whether you’re a common criminal, a political agitator or a prisoner of war: behind bars, everyone has one thought – to get out!
- Puppeteer: These alien experimenters are happy to wait to see the outcome of their experiments on other societies.
- Secret Police: The Secret Police know what everyone is doing, what everyone is saying and where everyone is going!
- Slave: Your life is in the hands of your master or mistress, their every wish a command, and every command an order!
Requires the use of the Traveller Core Rulebook, available from Mongoose Publishing.
Where to Purchase
You can purchase Career Book 2 as a PDF to download from Spica Publishing’s page at DriveThruRPG.com.
Career Book 2 is available to buy in print from Spica Publishing’s Lulu store.
Authors: John Griffiths, Richard Hazlewood, Nik Kraakenes
Artist: Nik Kraakenes
Released: August 2009
Catalogue Number: SP 0102
Career Book 2 © Spica Publishing 2009-2015. All rights reserved.